Asset Manager and Vacant Space Manager
Offer: £55,000 -65,000pa plus car allowance, bonus, pension and flexible working
Working with one of the largest property companies in the UK, to recruit for a unique role of a Vacant Space Asset Manager. The portfolio in the UK includes over 3,000 assets ranging from listed buildings, to specialist healthcare units, commercial, office and retail.
The organisation has developed a strategy to drive more efficient use of space across the portfolio, lease management and transaction management. This requires an experienced Surveyor who is a natural leader, excellent communicator and can be a key driver in the team.
Overview of the role:
- Asset management of vacant or underutilised assets with the view to encourage the sale/ disposal of the asset to raise capital.
- National lead on the vacant space asset management scheme and acting as the main communicator between internal and external contacts.
- Ensure due diligence, reporting and all data is recorded correctly. Creating a unique tracking system to demonstrate progress.
- Estates management of current occupied assets, lease re-gears, rent reviews and reviewing business rates.
- Negotiating with landlords for new head leases.
- Service charge management.
- Financial management, income and expenditure control.
- Developing annual budgets and suggest cost saving or income review generating strategies.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be MRICS Chartered Surveyor
- Ideally 5+years post qualified experience
- Must have exposure of working with vacant assets, disposal programmes
- Must have a background within property or asset management
- Must be able to travel nationally
- Personal attributes: engaging, tenacious, excellent communicator, leader and a self-starter