Experienced Licensing Officer required in South West London for a public sector organisation.
Your new company
This is a South West based rolling contract with a public sector organisation who are looking for an experienced Licensing Officer to join their team.
The aim of the Licensing Team is to create and maintain a safe environment for the variety of activities that take place for which it has legal responsibility to set conditions and to enforce regulations. This should be of benefit to both providers and users of licensed premises not only making users confident in the standards applied within the borough but also to ensure there is a consistent standard between providers.
Your new role
As a Licensing Officer your duty will be to work through a programme of compliance visits of trade premises, dealing with complaints and enquiries when received. You will be expected to case manage enquiries, representations and statutory objections made in connection with licence applications. As part of the case management function you will ensure all necessary administration functions have been carried out and that all interested parties both internal and external have been correctly informed within statutory requirements. You will work in partnership with other stakeholder agencies such as the Metropolitan Police, Gambling Commission, Her Majesties Revenue and Customs and London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority to ensure that any information shared is provided in accordance with information sharing protocols in place.
Additional responsibilities include
* Carry out compliance visits of premises to determine suitability for the grant, transfer or renewal of a license and to report upon and advise upon these findings for a range of licensable activities administrated by the licensing team.
* Investigate complaints and to follow up on enquiries about licensing matters. To assess the situation and to initiate appropriate action in accordance with the Council's enforcement policy.
* Collate and prepare reports for submission before the Licensing Sub-Committee and to work and assist Democratic Services in their preparation to organise a hearing for contested licence applications.
* Prepare and present reports, witness statements and to collate evidence for submission to hearings before the Licensing Sub-Committee, Magistrates and Crown Courts where applications are contested or subject to an appeal.
* Carry out, out of hours during performance visits of licensed premises in accordance with the needs of the service.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have in depth knowledge of the regulations relating to P.A.C.E (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) R.I.P.A (Regulatory of Investigatory Powers Act) CPIA (Criminal Procedures Investigation Act) and be capable of conducting investigations and interviews accordingly as well as having a proven track record within in public sector licensing.
You will be willing to work out of hours when required with sufficient notice.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Licensing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly