Leading M&E Contractor in the UK are seeking a Buyer to work from their Southampton office
One of the leading MEP Contractors in the UK is looking to recruit a Buyer to work from their Southampton office. This £160mill t/o business services national construction contractors, across defence, education, health, commercial, leisure and office buildings.
This role is to replace a long standing member of staff who is not retiring. Roles and responsibilities:
- Negotiating MEP materials prices with existing supply chain
- Source new Suppliers for existing requirements and for new materials required
- Maintain records on current prices and potential increases from suppliers
- Help Order Processing Department with the resolution of Invoice Queries
- Work closely with the Commercial & Scheduling Departments to ensure materials sourced, work within the Project Budget
- Assist Commercial Department in gaining best price for materials & plant at tender stage
- Assist Commercial and Construction with Value Engineering of materials and systems
- Have the ability to develop good working relationships with the Supply Chain
- Assist with Buying of materials for Head Office & Refurbishment projects
Ideally you will come from an M&E Design and Build background. The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects.
You will either hold a similar position with a M&E Contractor who come from a Mechanical or Electrical Wholesaler. You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 02382 020 101 or email your CV
Apply for Mechanical Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly