Permanent role as a Design Coordinator based in Luton Responsible for all development and delivery of project
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of all design aspects of the project, including the management of the Design Consultants to ensure it is compliant with the full design brief and within the agreed budget.
Your new role
- Understand the scope of and help to manage the Design Team
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with Designers
- Review all design issues relating to GA's
- Review compliance with Building Bulletins and other statutory regulations.
- Review ER's in line with Contractor's proposals.
- Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking
- Issue of construction drawings to Construction Team
- Monitoring of design & resolution of technical queries
- Review design deliverables and design programmes
- Assist with procurement and construction programmes
- Assisting with consultant appointments
- Attending and minuting Design Team meetings
- Review compliance of design against Employer's Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Input into VE and design change
- Monitor design changes and change control
- Agree Design Changes with Design Manager/ Client
- Manage Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM input during pre-construction phase
- Obtain statutory services quotations
- Registration with NHBC/LABC/Premier etc. as agreed
- Manage PCG/Bonds/Warranties etc.
- Any other reasonable management request
What you'll need to succeed
- Able to programme design works
- Developing knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
- Developing understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Developing understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- Ability to drive issues through to completion
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Design Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly