Head of Devlopment Management
A prestigious planning authority is looking for an experienced Development Management Manager to come on board and coordinate their development control service.
The main objective of this role is to create places and buildings that improve social, environmental and economic well-being within the borough. This role will focus on working closely with developers to maximise development opportunities in the city's growth areas.
In addition, a key responsibility you will be tasked with will be implementing and delivering service improvements across the Development Control, Enforcement and Conservation teams alongside managing and overseeing the staff across the departments.
The post holder will not have a caseload of application but rather the responsibility for the management of the Development Control Service
Additional Duties include
- Performance Management.
- Staff development including appraisals.
- Contributing to the Service's management team.
- Assisting the Head of Planning Services in achieving Council and Service objectives and targets.
- Working closely with the Assistant Director to provide a comprehensive performance management framework that demonstrates effective and timely service delivery and excellent customer services.
- Represent council at committee and public inquiries
- Conduct member briefing and engage with key stakeholders in relation to development and regeneration projects.
- Managing future recruitment
This is a fantastic opportunity for skilled and experienced planning professionals, that have the ability to manage and drive their team to ensure that workloads are met and that a quality result is produced.
Successful candidates will be full members of the RTPI coupled with practical experience managing a Development Management Department or as a Team Leader at a large UK based Planning Authority.
In addition, you will have exemplary communication and organisational skills with a proactive approach to seeking out and promoting new ideas to modernize the service.
For further information please contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald and Company on 0207 318 5261 or