Long-term temporary to permanent Electrical Supervisor job at Littlehey Prison, Huntingdon
A long-term temporary to permanent Electrical Supervisor job at Littlehey Prison. Working an average of 39 hours per week. Rate of pay £17.17/hr (including holiday).
Purpose of role
To manage a team of electricians to ensure compliance and professional, cost effective service delivery is maintained and act as an interface between the electrical team and the client and to report issues arising to Line Manager.
- Responsible for the service delivery of the electrical team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Produce rotas for the electrical team
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- To manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team.
- To ensure that the team are appropriately dressed at all times whilst on duty.
- To manage stock levels and equipment
- To conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll
- Liaise with the client to ensure customer satisfaction with the service provide
You must have both electrical and supervisory/management experience.
Previous experience in a prison/ public sector is not required for this role. The nature of the role requires candidates to be security conscious and able to challenge potential compromises and risks, you will also need to be reliable and consistent, level headed and have exceptional interpersonal skills. Full training on working within a prison is provided by the establishment/ department.
Security Clearance required:
All applicants will be subject to the HM Prison Service Security Clearance procedure, this can include a DBS check.
You must hold a valid passport or birth certificate & photo driving licence in your current address. All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
If you would like to find out more about this interesting & rewarding opportunity contact Edward Ball T: 01473 261900