Development Manager - up to 75k + bonus + car
Leicestershire based house builder who are going from strength to strength, are looking to add a new development manager to their current team.
My client has set out the three key parts of the role below to give you an idea of the day to day life in this role.
From being on site and meeting the team I can honestly say this is a great company to come and join, it has a great feel around the place with a strong culture of achievement. The Leicestershire office was one of the highest producing offices in the group and they are set to continue in this vain. They are certainly not short of projects!
If you are a development manager looking at any level with a house building background please give me call or drop me an email for further details.
Package up to - 75k base + bonus + car allowance
Fantastic benefits package
* Inspect and appraise land opportunities in conjunction with Land team and provide initial feasibility appraisals to enable a decision to be made whether to proceed with an offer.
* Liaise with Land team in completing financial analysis of sites.
* Complete relevant sections of the land acquisition checklists and acquisition approval packs prior to site purchase for approval by Managing Director and Corporate Group. Including preparation and supervision of initial contingency budgets and financial models.
* Ensure that covenants within option / land agreements are complied with.
* Oversee the commissioning of topographical surveys and commission any other technical investigations and reports to facilitate the completion of technical investigations.
* Reconcile title plans against survey.
* Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways and foundations.
* Provide fees for structural and engineering designs for inclusion in feasibility budget.
* Maintain and manage pre development spend for option and appraisal sites in conjunction with Land Director.
* Monitor progress of application drawings, distribute and collate Development team's comments, to ensure the most cost effective and suitable design solution is provided.
* Liaise with architect to ensure comments on drawings are communicated and monitor progress of drawings.
* Assist architect in preparation of planning applications / appeals.
* Liaise with Local Authorities and provide information to architect and Development team to enable the design solution to be advanced.
* Liaise with external Planning Consultants and architects to ensure that programme for planning applications (often set out within options) are complied with.
* Responsible for co-ordination of multi-disciplinary specialist teams involved in the function of development proposals.
* Check Section 106 agreements and other planning agreements (in regards timing, costs within EWB, cashflow, viability to argue away etc)
* Monitor and communicate obligations within planning agreements to the Development team.
* Assist architect/planner in the release and negotiation of planning conditions.
* Communicate requirements of planning conditions to Development, Design and Construction teams.
* Co-ordinate the compilation of the Planning Pack in line with Corporate Procedures.
* Oversee the checking and completion of Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104 agreements and the management of Bond and Supervision fees by the Managing Engineer.
* Oversee the checking and approval of wayleave and services agreements.
* Brief in-house Solicitor for each new development / phase and provide relevant information to enable estate documentation to be prepared in advance of sales release.
* Collate the PIP for sign-off by regional H & S Officer and Associate Development Director.
* Issue DCO packages and Variation Orders.
* Monitor progress of tender issue.
* Monitor costs / budgets monthly for fee expenditure.
* Compile and monitor Development strategy.
* Co-ordinate and control intervention process of engineering DCO packages
* Check and process invoices for approval.
* Register properties with NHBC / Building Control.
* Set and approve managing agents fees (in co-ordination with Sales Manager).
* Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of road & sewer designs relative to architect layouts ensuring that Technical Approval is received prior to start on site.
* Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of foundation designs and detailing as part of the DCO process.
* Co-ordinate the production of Budget Pack and Start on Site Checklist for Corporate Approval.
* Oversee and procure adoption of public open spaces.
* Oversee and procure adoption of roads & sewers.
* Co-ordinate the Home Owner Guides.
* Manage the RP plot completion process.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* A general background knowledge in property combined with a relevant qualification in Building / Civil Engineering.
* Capable of working / leading / co-ordinating a team of people, thus being able to effectively negotiate, motivate and communicate in order to influence others to ensure that the required programmes are met.
* Other useful skills include assertiveness, being decisive, flexible, good time management, organised, effective at leading / participating in meetings, works well under pressure and to strict deadlines.