Bricklaying Gang needed in Exeter
Hays are looking for multiple bricklayers for a long term job in Exeter, you will be working alongside an already established team who have got the go ahead for a lot of work on site. You will be working for a well known bricklaying contractor throughout Devon & Somerset.:
- Work in a proper manner following appropriate procedures and instructions and use in a safe manner all tools and equipment.
- Co-operate with and follow direction of Site Supervisor / General Foreman so as not to put yourself or others at risk.
- Work to a level of competency gained through training and experience.
- Undertake manual labour including but not limited to loading and unloading vehicles, cleaning & maintenance, digging, lifting, pulling and relevant specialist trades for which you are competent to complete works as directed.
- Correctly use and maintain the PPE provided to you. Make requests for safety clothing or equipment where it is felt safety standards could be improved.
- Ensure that vehicles materials, tools and plant equipment under your control are fit for use and are used, stored & disposed of correctly. Report to the Site Supervisor / General Foreman and Safety Advisor any defects in tools, plant, equipment or protective clothing.
- Discuss all aspects of your work with the Site Supervisor / General Foreman where you feel unsure or think that safety can be improved.
- Contribute to the administration of the site by assisting with paperwork as directed for daily and weekly submissions to Head Office.
- Mentor General Operatives and inexperienced staff in work tasks.
- Attend work promptly and properly equipped
You will be required to have
- CSCS (Gold preferable, blue is fine however)
- Relevant Bricklaying or masonry qualification
- Own tools & transport
- Ability to work independently, doing fixing, pointing and banking as well as general bricklaying duties.
Pay rate is £19 Per hour. CIS LTD or PAYE