Mechanical Fitter - Up to £30K
Your new company
With decades of experience in delivering facilities management at the highest level, and an enviable track record collaborating with customers to achieve high performing, productive, and sustainable workplaces, our client are proud to count some of the finest organisations in the world as their customers.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Mechanical Fitter to join our clients team. Working with their clients site based in Porton Down, Salisbury. The site boasts fantastic facilities, such as subsidised gym membership and onsite restaurants. This role will support our client in maintaining their critical defence sites and making their customers' lives easier
Working Monday to Friday between 8am-4.30pm (4pm finish on Fridays)
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting the client sites.
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of company policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality services to customers.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract and good practice.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certifications / documentation is completed in accordance with the client and company requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience within a complex building services environment (MOD, NHS)
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000 / Confined Space, Legionella and Permit to work systems.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred
- Good all round knowledge of facilities management and building services engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health and safety
- Must be able to obtain and retain SC clearance.
- This position requires ONC / OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in the relevant job specific discipline
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Team player with an ability to support other disciplines when required
What you'll get in return
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension auto enrol
- Up to £30K
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.