JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager (property)
The Harewood Estate lies nestled between Leeds and Harrogate, set in the sweeping landscape designed by Lancelot "Capability" Brown. The Estate owns and manages a varied property portfolio that includes commercial, residential and holiday lets. We also have a number of derelict buildings we hope to renovate in the coming years.
We are currently undertaking a re-organisation of the existing Estate’s team structure, to allow us to move forward with a more outward facing approach, which will see further diversification of the Estates activity and enhance our environmental credentials. We are now seeking to employ a Facilities Manager to coordinate the various works that are undertaken across the Estates property portfolio. This is a rare opportunity to join the Harewood team at an exciting time and take forward our property portfolio to the next stage of its development. The role will appeal to someone who is energetic, ambitious and enjoys a challenge.
• Oversee all building works on the Harewood Estate
• To coordinate the tender and contracting process for works undertaken with approved/favoured contractors
• To ensure we are H&S compliant, have appropriate planning permissions, and that buildings and facilities are safe and fit for purpose meeting the requirements of the CQC and other regulatory bodies
• To develop and budget an annual programme of work across the property portfolio
• Coordinate and oversee programmes of work such as refurbishment, relocation, closure and upgrading of facilities / estates. Ensure works are undertaken to protect and where possible enhance our property
• To oversee the tendering and contracting process for all building works, including the preparation of documents to put out tenders for contractors
• Undertake appropriate due diligence on contractors ensuring they meet business standards to develop a list of approved/favoured contractors
• Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors. Ensuring that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
• To oversee servicing and maintenance of our various biomass plants on the estate
• To oversee servicing and maintenance of our various security systems across the estate
• To coordinate all compliance and health and safety works (e.g. fire alarm tests, PAT testing etc) across the property portfolio
• Ensure that buildings and facilities are safe and fit for purpose meeting the requirements of the CQC and other regulatory bodies
• To review our current job sheets system to determine how often different trades are required each month.
• To ensure all works are undertaken with consideration to the environment and are undertaken as sustainably as possible (e.g. using FSC certified products, explore renewable energy options)
• Ensure appropriate planning permissions are in place for our business activities and coordinate planning applications for new projects where appropriate
• Ensure that specialised and highly specialised operations and maintenance works are carried out to an acceptable professional and technical standard, in compliance with statutory obligations
• To liaise with our QS and Heritage Architects as appropriate
• Achievement of high standards of the internals and externals of our commercial, residential and holiday let property portfolio.
• Organise and effectively utilise staff and contractors, monitoring them to achieve the required standards and efficiency.
• Follow Company regulations in Health & Safety and maintain a safe working environment.
• To ensure personal standards of presentation, performance and attendance beyond reproach at all times.
• Previous experience working in a Head of Facilities / Estates, or Senior Facilities Manager with accountability for company estates
• Strong building/construction background and associated building services
• Supervisory and project management experience in organising and monitoring building and contractors works
• Industry recognised qualification (e.g. undergraduate degree or equivalent)
• Organised, self-starter who thinks on their feet to solve problems and can work under pressure and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• A sense of humour, can-do attitude and plenty of energy and stamina.
• Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, such as contract, health and safety, cleanliness practices and waste management
• Experience in the assessment and delivery of renewable energy projects (e.g. biomass, solar, anaerobic digestion)
• Relevant Health & Safety Qualification e.g. NEBOSH , IOSH
This post is offered at a competitive salary. This is a rare opportunity to join the Harewood team at an exciting time and take forward our property portfolio to the next stage of its development. The role will appeal to someone who is energetic, ambitious and enjoys a challenge.
This Job Description is not exhaustive. You should be aware that you may be required to perform other duties as required.