Commercial Manager opportunity with a well established residential developer in Essex.
Your new company
A well established Residential Developer based in Essex, with projects across East Anglia and specialising in medium rise projects of 30 - 100 units.
Your new role
To oversee and take accountability for all commercial activity both on site and during the pre-qualification and tender process. Helping to ensure the business meets its objectives of delivering quality projects on time and in a profitable manner to agreed project and business targets whilst maintaining first-class client and supply chain relationships.
- Managing the day to day commercial delivery of residential projects
- Working closely with senior management to continually add value.
- Ensuring appropriate resource on projects measured against tendered allowances.
- Deploying commercial resource effectively and ensure continual development of staff in career progression, robustly managing poor performers and constantly developing the talent pool.
- Managing and liaising with other directors of the business.
- Leading and implementing strategies for project delivery.
- Supporting and promoting team work within the business.
- Encouraging open and effective two way communication.
- Contributing at leadership level, liaising and providing support to aligned business streams.
- Staffing training and development.
- Chairing commercial meetings with the client at a strategic level, providing input at monthly management meetings.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key members of the supply chain.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the relevant experience then please click "Apply" to send an updated CV. Alternatively, you can contact Darryl Hunt in the Hays Chelmsford office.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience as a Commercial Manager is desired, Senior Quantity Surveyors looking to take the next step in their career may also be considered. Residential project experience is essential.
What you'll get in return
In return the successful candidate will receive a negotiable market salary as well as a company car, generous holiday allowance, pension and bonus scheme. Additional benefits may also be considered.
What you need to do now
If you feel this role isn't for you, but you are looking for something else, please contact the team.
Please note that all applications are held in the strictest confidence.