Permanent Bid Manager role, Main Contractor, Design and Build, Multi Sector, Derbyshire
Your new company
You will be working for an established main contractor based in the East Midlands. The organisation operate in multiple sectors including, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Industrial, Commercial offices, Accommodation and Distribution sectors. Due to continued success in the market my client are seeking an established Bid Manager with experience of managing project values of 10 M+, to join their ranks
Your new role
You will be working as part of the Pre Construction Commercial team within a multi sector organisation. You will manage the bid process throughout the end to end process and ultimately be responsible for winning projects. The role requires the ability to work under strict deadlines and excellent communication skills. An example of duties include;
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Must be an excellent communicator.
Whilst the organisation operate in multiple sectors a particular emphasis will be on the education sector, due to a framework award. You will be responsible for managing between 2 and 3 schemes at any one time.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will have a proven track record as a Bid Manager, or similar within the Construction industry. You will specifically have worked for a main contractor and have design and build experience.
What you'll get in return
You will receive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. You will also get the chance to work for an established main contractor with a varied and exciting client base. The role offers the chance for people management and progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.