Team Leader - Health and Housing Team
East London based public sector organisation looking for a Team Leader for their Health and Housing Team.
Your new company
This East London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Housing Team Leader to assist in delivering the HMO Additional Licensing Scheme throughout the Borough.
Your new role
As a Housing Team Leader you will be expected to manage a Unit within the Environmental Health and Trading Standards Service and support the other Team Leader in managing the team and deputise in their absence. Your main responsibility will be to provide professional and technical advice with mentoring and training to other members of the service as necessary. You will be the Unit's expert Housing relating to Environmental Health. Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
* Project manage, initiate, plan and manage campaigns in high priority Environmental Health areas, including the production and use of publicity material. Promote public and landlord education by devising and organising talks, presentations, displays, exhibitions to the public, schools, trade associations and other groups as necessary
* Initiate and carry out enforcement and legal process functions in residential and commercial premises, including: prosecution, service of notices, without legal representation, apply for applications and execute warrants, necessitating the forced entry to business and residential premises. To initiate and undertake programmed and complaint inspections, surveys and investigations under all the relevant Environmental Health Legislation, including visiting sites alone and taking necessary action.
* Carry a caseload prioritising and programming work and making day to day decisions on cases as required. Carry out criminal investigations which require collection of evidence by statement, interviews, occasionally by covert surveillance and make recommendations for legal proceedings and provide briefings for legal representatives as necessary on cases. Produce witness statements, attend court and other legal forums as an expert witness in Environmental Health issues on behalf of the Council as necessary. Meeting deadlines by statute and legal process.
* Deputise for the Team Leader in their absence through meetings,
* representing the Service and any other matters as they arise. To be responsible for authorising leave, petty cash payments, etc., and monitoring sickness.
* To be able to work evenings and weekends with appropriate notice
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have a have a degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Health and be able to supervise others within the team providing professional guidance, assistance and helping to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Service. You will be willing to work out of hours when required with sufficient notice.
Full clean UK driving license and own car required.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
Car Allowance Payable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.