M&E Quantity Surveyor
M&E Quantity Surveyor - £45,000 - 55,000 - Midlands contractor to work on a multimillion£ industrial project
Your new company
A leading construction / facilities management company who provide facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services to clients across all industry sectors. They manage and maintain some of the nation's most recognised landmarks, high street buildings and even homes in your community.
They are currently seeking an experienced Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to supplement the Commercial team to support Commercial Projects in the Midlands Region.
You will have relative experience in complex new build, FM projects, M&E projects, Civils projects & refurbishment projects within the Commercial Sector plus relevant experience in measuring, pricing and agreeing the value of works carried out for interim payment and final account purposes together with administering sub-contract accounts.
Your new role
- Carry out all allocated quantity surveying activities to support the site team in achieving the required financial objectives
- Prepare and submit priced variations for agreement with Client's team
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment Place sub-contract orders and agreeing sub-contractors interim payments and final accounts
- Check and agree Purchase orders with Operations team prior to issue Assist Managing QS to prepare and maintain internal financial reports and forecasts
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of M&E installations Demonstrate good working knowledge of the NEC 3 & JCT contract formats
- Demonstrate commitment to achieving required deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Hold an industry recognised or developing Quantity Surveying qualification
- Have good IT skills including word, excel and Microsoft outlook
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have nature to represent the company with professionalism, integrity and honesty at all times.
- Substantial experience of the full life cycle of a number of Construction projects, involving the commercial management of the project and the staff / operatives working on it.
- Pro-active, good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work
What you'll get in return
- £45,000 - 55,000
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Company Car
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097