Head of Estates and Facilities
Fixed-term (4 years)
The Rhodes Trust is embarking on a major new building project to transform Rhodes House, a grade 2* listed building constructed in 1929, into a leading convening centre for the Rhodes Trust and its strategic partners. We hope to create the largest dedicated convening space in Oxford that is available all year round, and will significantly enhance our capability to provide a world-class convening experience to the Rhodes Scholars and our strategic partners including the University of Oxford and other partners and commercial clients.
The approved budget is in excess of £30 m, with funding secured from a combination of philanthropy and commercial borrowing. The project includes:
• Complete reconstruction of the basement of Rhodes House to provide conference accommodation, supporting facilities and breakout space
• A new debating chamber pavilion and basement office space
• A new residential building and a separate new courtyard building, providing en-suite rooms
• Upgrade of the East Wing of Rhodes House to provide further bedrooms
• Upgrading the remainder of Rhodes House including full refurbishment of dining and kitchen facilities and various renovations with a lighter touch in the public spaces
• External hard and soft landscaping and new relocated greenhouse facilities.
The Head of Estates and Facilities will be responsible for working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Warden of the Rhodes Trust to ensure the successful delivery of this significant capital project, and ensure it is fully operational by 2022. If you have a successful track record in project management and change management, can control a large-scale capital budget, and ideally have experience of building and running a convening or education space we would like to hear from you.
TO APPLY - Please send your curriculum vitae (not longer than 3 pages) plus covering letter (no longer than 2 pages) and the contact details of at least two referees (these will not be contacted without applicant’s permission), to: email@example.com
ENQUIRIES should be sent to Danai Pampiglione, HR Manager who is contactable on Mondays and Wednesdays on +44 (0) 1865 270 952 and at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 21 September.
For a full job description and more information on the Rhodes Trust please go to www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk