Quantity Surveyor required for this National Design and Build Company
Hays Construction are delighted to be working with Severfield (Design & Build) Ltd who are looking to recruit a quantity surveyor on a permanent basis in their Malton H/O to assist them in delivering high growth plans. This is a really exciting time to join the organisation, their projects are both diverse and complex offering the perfect professional challenge for an experienced quantity surveyor.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager this role will effectively be to support and assist the Quantity Surveying department to ensure that the commercial and contractual aspects of projects are properly managed and controlled to an efficient manner to meet the demands of the business.
Key responsibilities are:
- Identify, communicate and quantify commercial risks and opportunities, including preparation and submission of variations/compensation events, extension of time and loss and/or expense claims, including submission of associated notices.
- To carry out the re-measurement of quantities in accordance with standard methods and procedures
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on commercial issues and developing a culture of contractual awareness in project teams
- Preparation of interim valuations/applications for payment including negotiating project final accounts
- Produce internal cost/value reports
- Administrate subcontractors/supplier accounts, including the monitoring and processing of payments and settlement of final accounts
- Preparation of technical estimates
- Evaluation of hours allowed at tender stage and reconciliation of hours worked within the fabrication process
In order to be considered for this position you will need to be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of delivering on large scale projects as a quantity surveyor. Ideally to have experience in commercial management of subcontractors, valuations and final negotiations. My client is keen to meet with people who have a strong desire to work with and for the best in the field and who are willing to go above and beyond to exceed their clients expectations.
You will need:
- Working towards or achieved a degree level qualification in quantity surveying
- Previous experience of working as a quantity surveyor
- Ideally to have worked in the structural steel sector