Noise Officer required for night shifts with North London public sector organisation outside IR35
Your new company
This North London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Noise Officer to join their enforcement team within their Community Safety & Enforcement department.
This role is outside IR35.
Your new role
As a Noise Officer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of professional and specialist duties with relation to noise. Your main responsibility is to concentrate on the investigation and control of noise within the borough throughout the night from all sources including domestic, commercial, industrial and entertainment premises.
* Carry out inspections of the borough throughout the night, investigate complaints, referrals and any other noise related enquiries and where appropriate, prepare reports on the need for action.
* Provide all necessary information and evidence to facilitate legal proceedings and appear as a witness for the Council in legal proceedings, tribunals, inquiries etc. as and when required. Including attendance at Committee hearings, site meetings application enquiries and appeals.
* Undertake assigned projects, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
* Use the noise prediction and monitoring equipment and other technical equipment relating to noise.
* Required to work a minimum of seven nights a month on a rota basis. These duties will be carried out according to an agreed four-week shift pattern
* Direct and advise support staff as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have a proven track record of working within noise enforcement. As this is a night shift role you will be willing to work nights. Be able to work as part of a team and on own when necessary, and be able to work in a way that promotes equality and diversity within the community.
What you'll get in return
Role outside IR35
Competitive Market night rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.