Regional Project Manager/ Project Director - Europe (& MEA)
Project Director / Regional Project Manager (Construction) - London/Madrid - £80,000 + package
Our client is looking for a Regional Project/Program Manager to join their in-house construction project team. You will be managing multiple Commercial projects with a focus on Offices (Fit Out and New build) across the EMEA Region (but primarily: France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Netherlands & Portugal). Previous experience on projects in Europe as well as the UK would be favourable. Our client is a global real estate services company, so you will be working client side, but you will have front end hands on projects experience. The business you will be supporting is a leading global online FMCG/Logistics business. Major Responsibilities: You will be responsible for Leading and managing at team of Program Managers, Monitoring their operations & projects across Europe (& ME A) and stepping up to cover the EMEA Design and Construction Director.
- Leading a team of 5 or more Project Managers on projects across Europe (and MEA).
- Lead client and stakeholder communication, coordination and prioritisation at Senior level.
- Head up and oversee key decisions related to projects in Area (e.g. fit out strategies, procurement strategies, vendor selection, key issue resolutions).
- Be the Point of escalation between Area Managers and Program Managers on project and performance related issues.
- Approval project Start-up budgets, invoices etc.
- Management through to successful delivery of all projects under their control from A to Z, including site selection, design, budget/cost/changes, schedule, procurement, construction, and handover and feedback.
- Follow the six stage process and integrated delivery model for all projects, taking full responsibility for project delivery from Initiate (Stage 2) to Close (Stage 6).
- Ensure all project parameters are agreed with client and key stakeholders (customer brief, headcount, time, cost, quality, safety and customer satisfaction)
- Manage risks, communicating and reporting issues, status and action plan across the projects.
- Ensuring all necessary internal and external project approvals are sought and governance processes are followed (Project plan, spend and transaction approvals, design authority approvals, procurement approvals, legal approvals, landlord lease compliance activities, wayleaves, building licenses and occupation licenses).
- All additional duties commensurate to the level of the role
You will have
- Degree Qualified in a Construction field (Engineering, Architectural or Project Management)
- Demonstrable track record of success in a similar role (management of multiple project teams, Clients and stakeholders) at Project Director Level.
- Proven track record of program management with experience of New Build Office construction (and Fit Out).
- Skilled in commercial aspects of Fit out Contracts (consultants, vendors, suppliers).
- Excellent working knowledge of Corporate Real Estate and Program/Project Management
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.