Architect - Residential Masterplanner
Architect / Masterplanner Vacancy Glasgow City Centre
One of Glasgow's leading Architect firms is in search of a Masterplanner to join their design team on a permanent basis.
As a Masterplanner, you will produce design proposals for residential layouts that are both commercially viable and meet local authorities standards without comprising the companies design beliefs.
The person they appoint will work closely with the Design Director, Associate Directors, Masterplanning team, all members of the Technical department and the regional design and technical teams. This position will report to the office Associate Director.
- Design both hand drawn viability layouts and AutoCAD planning layouts to the highest standard that are commercially viable and are in accordance with the companies design requirements
- Work closely with regional teams to agree design briefs and layouts
- Promote the company's brand of urban design to external influencers
- Handling queries when they arise
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties
- Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
To be considered for this position, you must have previous experience of producing layouts for residential housing developments. Previous experience working for a house builder would be advantageous but not essential, as this role could have been performed working in an Architectural practice.
It is preferred that you:
- Are a registered Architect
- Have proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Can design hand drawn feasibility layouts
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as exceptional presentation skills.
This position would suit a driven professional with a passion for design who can offer excellent design skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to work well within a team and capable of working to and managing projects and workloads.
In return, this client is offering a very competitive salary, an excellent package (negotiable dependent on individual experience), and a role that cannot be found anywhere else in the Glasgow market. If this role is of interest you can apply now, or speak with