Quantity Surveyor Job in Norwich
Your new company
Your new company is a leading Contractor in the Norfolk area with a fantastic reputation. Due to securing new projects that are due to start this year, they are looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to join a driven and motivated team.
Your new role:
- Understand, maintain and promote the company values and comply with the company policies and management processes.
- Prepare project valuations, variations and final accounts and ensure they are submitted on time in accordance with the contract/client requirements.
- Check sub-contractor, supplier and consultant applications.
- Ensure payments are received/made on the due dates.
- Assist the project team in production of a meeting or exceeding project targets.
- Produce procurement schedules, negotiate and manage sub-contractor and consultant packages.
- Prepare accurate monthly cash flow projections, financial reports and financial forecasts.
- Assist in procurement of materials on site.
- Review and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiate settlement of variations/final accounts.
- Attend project meetings and carry out site visit reports.
- Assist with value engineering solutions.
- Consider and review commercial strategies.
- Carry out contract administration and early identification of commercial issues
- Advise management of pending commercial issues.
- Manage all non-recoverable project costs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC suite of contracts.
- Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Confidence in presenting the company at client meetings.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Ability to measure based on standard method of measurement.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, professional qualified or Manager CSCS.
- Driving license.
What you'll get in return
On offer is competitive salary with great benefits and a fantastic opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.