Contracts Manager job in Norwich
Your new company is a residential developer who have established history of producing quality craftsmanship within the projects they deliver, and are well respected in the area. They are looking to appoint a Contracts Manager or a new project starting soon.
Your new role
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
- Planning of new service connections including obtaining detailed quotation and plans.
- Attend and report at pre-contact and progress meetings with Senior Management team.
- Organise labour and encouraging maximum productivity.
- Ordering materials and assisting with the procurement of sub-contractors at best value.
- Prepare Health and Safety plans, Risk assessments, COSHH assessments and the health and Safety file on completion.
- Ensure sites are safe and that all operatives and sub-contractors are working safely and complying with safety plans.
- Liaising with the Design Team, Principle Designer and Building control.
- Plan and prioritise workload to achieve on time delivery .
- Ensuring that Site Managers are properly resourced to do their job well.
- Carry out duties requested by the Construction Manager.
- Attendance at monthly meeting with both senior management and client.
- Ensure all weekly and monthly reports and forms are completed and forwarded to appropriate departments and clients.
- Responsible for financial performance of contracts and maximise margin.
- Continually demonstrate a senior understanding and commitment to customer care.
- Maintain and improve effective working relationships with colleagues,clients,customers and work as part of a team.
- Responsible for the undertaking of quality assurance inspections on a predetermined amount of all works delivered and record.
- Responsibility to supply additional/remedial works as required in an efficient, profitable and safe manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Contracts Management experience especially in Residential sector.
- Knowledge of ASTA Powerproject programming software.
- First Aid at work qualification.
- Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ or equivalent training programme, relevant management training.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise across a range of external consultants, subcontractors, colleagues and senior management.
- A keen eye for detail and a natural flair for managing a team with the ability to oversee multiple jobs at one time.
What you'll get in return
On offer is competitive salary and the opportunity to join an established, reputable employer with a market leading reputation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.