Estimator Job Overview
Key Areas of Responsibility:-
- Understanding and interpreting landscaping drawings and quantifying areas and depths. Highlighting any queries.
- Reading and fully interpreting full specification for project(s).
- Detailing all requirements on Excel spreadsheet of the project(s).
Estimating Duties will involve:-
- Initial site survey/visit in order to analyse the site condition i.e. access, formation levels and contamination etc.
- Pricing and preparation of tender submissions.
- Contact suppliers for pricing information, availability of materials / plant stock.
- Obtaining the most competitive supplier quotations.
- Confirming planting seasons for plant/tree stock i.e. seasonal planting will require containerised plant stock etc.
- Inputting information into excel spreadsheet, ensuring all figures and measurements are correct and carried forward etc.
- Cost analysis on Tenders prior to contract negotiation.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Reading Contracts and agreeing/negotiating on terms and conditions.
- Agree with accounts, payment terms prior to the contract being signed and to therefore ensure feasibility.
- Handover to Contract Manager or Quantity Surveyor once business has been secured.
- Meeting targets for winning projects.
- Identify target clients.
- Liaising with and sending marketing to clients.
- Maximising marketing opportunities.
- Identify leads on projects
- Attending meetings and reporting to Directors regarding tender stats. and conversion rates.
- Target clients.
- Strategies i.e. highlighting declines and peaks in works due to contract commencement dates
Financial Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing breakdowns and forecasting for jobs/costings/profit etc.
- Helping troubleshoot on occasion i.e. sourcing alternative suppliers whenever necessary.
- Feeding information from accounts back and applying to estimating - pinpointing mark-up amounts, preliminary costs etc.
- Authorising applicable invoices.
- Highlighting any pro-forma payments that may be required for specific nominated suppliers not on the preferred supplier listing.
- Control of programming for future work, detailing start dates and programmes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.