CEO - Outstanding opportunity for a visionary leader
Outstanding opportunity for a visionary leader
The Gallagher Group are a dynamic mid-size construction, aggregates and property business based in Kent. Turning over £100m annually, this unique business has a highly successful integrated offering comprised of property development, contracting (both building and civil engineering) and quarrying across the south east regional markets. This integrated business model has helped the group sustain a high quality of earnings over a number of years.
Founded 45 years ago, the Gallagher group has built its reputation on the quality of its products, the passion and capability of its people and its engagement with the local community in Kent. Its family ownership has helped it to develop a strong and deeply embedded set of cultural values which have helped sustain the business through an everchanging economic landscape.
Kent, Outstanding Total Executive Package on offer
Reporting to the group chairman and assisted by a highly professional management team, the new CEO will oversee all aspects of the business; setting out its long term strategy, establishing and delivering against annual business plans and budgets, continuing to strengthen its customer and stakeholder relationships and investing in the development of its employees, currently numbering c.400.
The role will be suited to someone who may well already be in a CEO role or someone who is ready to take that next step up. Already based in Kent, or prepared to re-locate to the region, the new CEO will ideally hold a relevant professional qualification and the following credentials:
- experience of running a significant part of a multi £m contracting business, preferably civil engineering, either as COO or senior operations executive
- the ability to attract, inspire and retain talented employees
- strong commercial and financial acumen
- a collaborative nature, able to integrate into and lead a strong and successful business
- a good understanding and some experience of the property development and quarrying sectors
- a demonstrable ability to form, build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
- an enthusiasm for the maintenance and further strengthening of the business’ ties to its local communities
- working with the family owners to develop a successful generational succession and sustainable legacy.
This role will suit an entrepreneurial individual who is bright, enthusiastic and influential. Someone with the ability to drive the Gallagher group through its next stage of development, who has exceptional business acumen and who is sufficiently intuitive to motivate others to excel to their full potential. There is an outstanding total executive package on offer, to include profit share.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter to Holtby Turner, 4-6 York Street, London W1U 6QD or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Emma Colahan on 020 3371 6680 for a confidential discussion.
Any direct applications will be forwarded to Holtby Turner, Gallagher’s retained search consultant.