Building Maintenance Engineer
Building Maintenance Engineer £28000 - £30000 6 months temporary, Grimsby
Your new company
Our client has identified a great opportunity to introduce a building maintenance engineer to their technical services team to assist to manage the legislative Mechanical and Electrical Planned preventative Maintenance programme and provide technical advice on M&E maintenance tasks in commercial properties. They are looking to employ a confident and motivated professional who is looking for career and personal development opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Technical Service Manager and assist the Senior Engineer with managing PPM and providing technical advice on M&E maintenance. The role will focus on the following requirements:
Your new role
The role supports the deliverable outcomes for the management of maintenance of a commercial property estate and is part of a team of engineers and building surveying professionals.
The post holder will be required to work with other team members and manage their own work commitments to provide assistance and guidance on M&E systems and works. The role is a mixture of office and out on site involvement and requires a good communicator, both verbally and written. The primary role is to support the technical team with the delivery of property legislative planned maintenance.
Engage - Ability to support project teams providing technical information which can be communicated and presented confidently, clearly and expressively to clients and stakeholders. Applied thinking - Ability to work on their own initiative and can schedule their workload, and their project teams, to meet priorities Change - Strong desire to share and support the future growth and success of the Partnership. Drive - Attitude, conduct and demeanour to reflect the values and effectively represent the company when dealing with customers, consultants and contractors.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge/ key duties will include;
- Knowledge of legislative maintenance requirements for Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) systems in a commercial property estate. These include but not limited to, water hygiene, gas safety, electrical inspections, lift systems, lighting systems and ventilation and cooling systems.
- To develop their knowledge and assist with providing technical advice and guidance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) M&E related systems in a commercial property estate.
- The assist to develop briefs, specifications, scopes of work or any other technical information to contribute to the delivery of PPM and M&E property maintenance.
- To develop their knowledge to ensure all technical information provided is accurate to legislative standards, ACoPs and best practice.
- To assist to manage as part of their development minor works and property construction projects utilising the project management process and principals.
- To assist, as part of their development, with the issuing of works orders ensuring compliance with legislative, contractual and workmanship requirements including the briefing and commissioning of all consultants and clients.
- To assist as part of their development to prepare option appraisals, feasibility studies, estimates and the production of technical reports as required. Ensure that value is added to the work of the Section through innovation and creativity. Advising Clients and Service Managers on options and recommendations.
- To assist as part of their development to direct and monitor works to include contract variations, project costs and final accounts as appropriate. Assist in evaluating and determining appropriate actions where problems occur and report to client.
- Operate within the policies, systems and business plans of Asset Management.
To deliver all works with compliance to Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) standards and policies in line with ISO 18001 (Health & Safety), 14001 (Environmental) & ISO 9001 (Quality).
Experience in managing planned maintenance in commercial properties in the Public and Private sectors. Knowledge: To meet the requirements and demands of the post, the post holder will need the following: · Experience and a professional qualification for Mechanical and or Electrical maintenance · Experience Auto CAD/2D & 3D packages. * IT skills and experience of working with database systems are essential in ensuring an effective service. * An understanding of relevant property M&E legislation and regulations is essential. * Numeracy, statistical, communication and presentation skills are desirable. * Experience in a building design or maintenance environment, with experience in a variety of construction situations.
- Experience of Building Regulations and planning applications is desirable.
- Experience of CDM Regulations 2015 is desirable.
HNC Building Technology or a related qualification with supported experience is desirable.
Please note, you will need a driving licence and your own transport for this position.
What you'll get in return
Various benefits including a salary of £28,000 - £30,000.
Temporary employment until December 2018
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.