Quantity Surveyor Hull Permanent Salary to be discussed
Your new company
Hays are currently working with a highly reputable client within the construction industry to recruit a qualified Quantity Surveyor. The company has both maintenance and new site works throughout the UK, and works on a variety of all sized projects. This company prides itself on the reputation that they have built up over the last 30 years for providing an excellent level of service to its customers. This level of service is built mainly on the quality and the level of craftsmanship provided by their business. They have an extremely large contract that covers the depth and breadth of the UK with a variety of work coming from this.
Your new role
This role will involve following a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. Whilst the projects progress, you'll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability. To successfully carry out this role, you'll need experience of;
- preparing tenders and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- perform risk, value management and cost control
- advise on a procurement strategy
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- prepare and analyse costing for tenders
- allocate work to subcontractors
- provide advice on contractual claims
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- value completed work and arrange payments
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold the relevant qualifications to be able to operate as a QS. Whether this be a degree in quantity surveying, or another degree subject, where the postgraduate conversion course has been completed. You will also need experience working as a qualified QS
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent opportunity with an excellent and reputable company. Salary can be negotiated depending on the experience of the individual. Applications are welcome from all construction areas and from people with all levels of experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.