Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Fantastic Trainee/Assistant Quantity Surveyor Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is a fantastic housing developer that takes pride in producing stunning housing in the Norfolk area. They are offering a fantastic opportunity and a study support package.
Your new role
In your new role you will be:
- Taking off quantities from drawings for procurement/checking subcontractor, applications/pricing variations.
- On- site measures, e.g Brickwork, paving, ceramic tiling quantities.
- Checking materials invoices against purchase orders.
- Involvement with materials procurement and subcontractor procurement analysis,
- Issue materials tender enquiries and place material orders.
- Costing and invoicing for client variations.
- Tracking client extras spreadsheet.
- Meeting Bank Monitor/Client's QS to agree valuations.
- Drafting Collateral Warranties and tracking progress through to full execution.
- Reviewing contracts.
- Placing sub-contractor orders and processing payments
- Preparing and issuing Consultant appointments.
What you'll need to succeed:
- You must be a reliable, trustworthy and proactive, with an enthusiastic approach to work and learning, with good punctuation and attendance.
- Strong organisation and communication skills, with a methodical approach and a good attention to detail.
- Excellent in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in using database and similar bespoke IT systems.
- Willingness to develop career and undertake further training to support career development.
- Minimum A-Level in Mathematics
- Experience with working with a Contractor/Sub contractor.
What you'll get in return
On offer is a fantastic opportunity, competitive salary, fantastic opportunity to grow with a company and start your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.