Graduate Interior Designer
Graduate Interior Designer Birmingham £18,000-£25,000 Full time Permanent
Your new company
You will be joining an award winning and creative Interior Design team based in Birmingham. The design house currently holds a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from residential to commercial. An award winning practice with a portfolio of household name designs.
Your new role
You will be creating decorative schemes for clients. You will be responsible for supporting the designers in providing technical and creative drawings.
What you'll need to succeed
With a degree in Interior design or Interior Architecture you will possess strong technical and design skills.
Required skills and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge of both high-end and mid-range materials for furniture, fabric, and lighting.
- An eye for design, colour and detail and keen interest in fashion, interiors.
- Enthusiastic approach and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the ability to use colour and texture.
- Knowledge of PhotoShop and the ability to sketch.
- Knowledge of Studio Design desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling).
- The skill to visualise concepts and explain them to others.
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials.
- Producing sketches and mood boards.
- Working accurately to a written or verbal brief.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual.
- You must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work for an award winning design house who have worked on some of the most popular names in retail around Birmingham. A salary of £18,000-£25,000 (dependant upon experience). You will also receive the opportunity to progress in your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.