Junior Mechanical Estimator
Junior Mechanical Estimator (HVAC) - £25-30k - Nottingham
Your new company
A rapidly expanding M&E contractor based in Nottingham. They work on a wide range of design & build and maintenance projects across the UK covering commercial, large residential, leisure, healthcare and education.
Your new role
The key purpose of the role is to assist in the production of accurate and detailed estimates for new build and refurbishment projects throughout the U.K working on a broad range of projects across many sectors including education, commercial and healthcare. The candidate will require a pro-active approach to estimating, and be willing to learn and progress their career.
- Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Taking off quantities from drawings / specifications / room data sheets
- Assist with mechanical estimates up to the value of £5million using "Amtech - Extreme Estimating"
- Prepare & dispatch tender packages to subcontractors and suppliers
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders and reviewing with management
- Represent the company at meetings
- Attend internal project handover meetings and liaise with the commercial & operations team.
- To develop & maintain a strong relationship with clients and supply chain members.
What you'll need to succeed
- Mechanical / Plumbing / Building Services qualifications to a minimum of Level 2 required
- HNC / HND qualifications desirable but not required
- Genuine interest of pursuing a career as a Building Services estimator
- Minimum of 1 years' experience on site or office based
What you'll get in return
- £25,000 - 30,000
- 20days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.