Senior Technical Coordinator
NEW JOB - Permanent role as a Senior Technical Coordinator in Milton Keynes for a Large Residential Developer
To produce accurate working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built as intended and to obtain all necessary approvals. This may involve the direction of other, more junior, and team members.
Your new role
Typical duties of the role include:
* Produce variant house type drawing packages and liaise with key suppliers to provide ancillary drawing information.
* Produce block plans sections and elevations.
* Produce detail information where not already available.
* Co-ordinate the accuracy of information supplied by all departments to ensure no discrepancies.
* Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments, Secured by Design Approval and Eco Homes Assessments and Robust Standard Details.
* Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including hot water supply, heating, kitchen, stair, wardrobes, lintels, p.c. ground floors, roof tile manufacturer's specification.
* Attending Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the working drawings.
* Co-ordinate information and liaise with in house architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects.
* Prepare all drawings and documents for printing for Pre-Start Meetings.
* Attend site meetings as required and resolve all site related queries arising from these meetings and from normal daily discussion with site and commercial team.
* Attend site visits with other members of the technical team.
What you'll need to succeed
* At least 12 months experience of working within a residential house builder
* Experience of people management
* Knowledge or other design packages (photoshop, JPA designer, sketch-up)
* BTEC HND/HNC in Design or Construction
* At least 3 / 5 years' experience working within the construction industry
* In-depth knowledge of CAD
* Experience of running projects and working towards tight deadlines
Special skills or knowledge
* Accurate eye for detail
* Be able to visualise objects in three dimensions
* Be practical and methodical with good analytical skills
* Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of other
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.