Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - £40-50k + Package - Nottingham based consultancy
Your new company
A UK wide building services consultancy who provide forward thinking solutions and a wide range of energy, mechanical and electrical consultancy services to all sectors of the built environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join and help develop their Nottingham.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors, and for delivering services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality. Additionally the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments. You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design.
- We are looking for a dynamic individual whose skills and experience should include:
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Undertake building dilapidation surveys and prepare associated reports.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparation of detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required.
- Prepare concept deign information from RIBA stage 2 and 3 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Attend design team and project meetings on behalf of the company.
- Prepare specifications/equipment schedules/drawing and information to installation and fully coordinated standards (RIBA Stage 5).
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of mechanical services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and usage of industry standard Building Services design packages.
- Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Experience of AutoCAD, Hevacomp, IES and Revit MEP
- Have a UK full driving licence
What you'll get in return
- £40,000 - 50,000
- 25 holidays + bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly