Your new Role
- Assist the Engineering Manager in setting capital and revenue budgets, and in developing engineering strategies for the Refrigeration Team.
- Provide a peer overview of building service performance and feedback comments to the relevant engineering teams. Review system operation to optimise performance and efficiency. Develop solutions for persistent problems.
- Liaise with other operational teams to develop integrated strategies.
- Provide assistance to project teams in respect to existing services and project strategies.
- Provide a peer overview of all projects to ensure correctness of design, installation, commissioning and record documentation in relation to companies own specification.
- Integrate / coordinate any strategic engineering upgrades into projects for the Refrigeration & Air-conditioning services and controls.
- Establish and maintain the Engineering specification.
- Management of Refrigeration systems including critical CO2 and R404a packs and the associated Water Management processes and procedures.
- Monitor performance of operatives and managers and put into place corrective actions where necessary.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of all Refrigeration Air-conditioning and Chilled Plant and Equipment.
- To provide a peer engineering overview of all refrigeration projects undertaken within the building and linked buildings, ensuring correctness of design, installation, commissioning and record documentation.
- To manage the operational Refrigeration & Air-conditioning team members.
- To manage and actively support the day to day planned and reactive maintenance programme
- To ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety Regulations and any other Legal requirements
- To continually develop own knowledge in line with industry best practice
- Possess technical knowledge and experience in all types of refrigeration and refrigerant based AC and chiller systems used in the store, specifically CO2 plant and equipment including associated controllers and RDM Systems.
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation associated with CFC gases and EHO requirements.
- Assist colleagues on other mechanical duties as required by the Engineering department.
What you'll need to succeed
Self- Motivated and able to work, and inspire a team to work under pressure.
- Possess a good all round knowledge of building services in general, but especially electrical power, mechanical, water treatment and cooling tower operations, refrigeration, controls, heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- On a rota basis, provide operational engineering cover for weekends, bank holidays and late opening - 1 Weekend in 4 with rota off days, 1 late week day cover until 21:00 and Bank Holiday
- Suitably qualified to and suitably conversant in the field of
- Electrical Installation and repair
- General Mechanical works
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the refrigeration equipment industry.
- Familiar with BS and relevant regulations.
- Self-motivated, confident and eager to learn.
- Able to work on own initiative and cope with peer pressure.
- Able to effectively respond to faults & rectify problems related to refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Be an effective communicator with all levels of personnel.
- Willingness to work flexible hours where necessary
What you'll get in return
A great opportunity to work in a prestigous building in London.
Your salary will be £220- £240 a day
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Refrigeration Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly