Town Planner Enforcement
- Full Time
Planning Enforcement Officer in east London Borough with generous salary of up to £30ph
Your new company
A East London Authority which is currently looking to recruit for a Planning Enforcement officer. The borough has a broad and divers including but not limited to Suburban, green space, regeneration, conservation and heritage sites.
Your new role
Ensure the smooth running of the Planning Enforcement Team through:
- Effective line management and leadership of the Officers
- Managing the deployment of resource to optimise efficiency and effectiveness and improve the quality of services within budgets
- Encouraging and promoting cross team working within the Planning, Service and across the Council
- Monitoring and reviewing the work of the team against individual and team performance standards and targets
- Ensuring that adequate and appropriate record systems are in place
- Assisting with current caseloads as required
What you'll need to succeed
You will be taking responsibility for all stages of the planning Enforcement process:
- Ensuring that planning decisions comply with relevant legislation, statutory and other Council plans, policies and guidelines
- Leading on complex and/or politically sensitive consultations and negotiations
- Ensuring that the Planning Enforcement Team provide a quality advice services and as Team Leader , assist the Head of Department in the delivery of Planning Performance Agreements
- Presenting complex and/or politically sensitive cases at Council committee meetings, giving evidence at Public Enquiries, conducting legal proceedings for the Council and giving evidence in court as required
- Monitoring the planning enforcement process and take appropriate and effective action to achieve a consistently prompt turn around of cases whilst maintaining high quality decision making
What you'll get in return
You'll receive a very generous hourly rate of up to £30ph and the contract will be long term. The Council has a great reputation and is a fantastic place to work so if you are interested please apply asap.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Town Planner Enforcement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly