5 days left
- Full Time
Production Coordinator for a Leicester based Engineering company
Your new company
Our client is a major supplier to numerous earth moving and heavy plant industry companies. They are based in Leicester and are looking to add to their existing Production team.
Your new role
The Production Coordinator will work closely with the Mater Production Scheduler and other Production Coordinators to support the fulfilment of the customer requirements. This includes a complete life of a customer order from production schedules; works order releasing, interaction with external suppliers and workflows between departments. The Production Coordinator will liaise with department supervisors to ensure manufacturing issues are resolved.
Main duties included (but not limited to):
- To input/manage sales orders from customers, manual entry & electronically via EDI with accuracy.
- To promptly raise sales order acknowledgements for customers where required.
- To assist with the raising of Work Orders relevant to any new sales order requirements. Utilising our MRP system. This process is key to the business and will need to be managed carefully & efficiently.
- To utilise the MRP system to assist with the management/ordering of material requirements for all aspects of the business and raise these with the Direct Purchasing Buyer.
- To work closely with the Master Production Scheduler and Dispatch Manager to assist with the prompt delivery of orders to meet customer demands. This will involve actively being involved with shop floor processes to manage the flow of finished goods through to dispatch.
- To actively support with 'late deliveries' managing them through the reporting system on the MRP, and ultimately, where possible liaising with the customer to give them revised ETA on any late deliveries and to ensure the revised delivery dates are met.
- To assist with general enquiries into the business from Customers, whether electronically or verbally - to promote a professional approach.
- To be a team player within the business, supporting all areas of the business where possible.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to follow specific work instructions accurately and reliably as well as having a proven ability to work under own initiative to complete objectives. You will also have a proven production coordinator track record, ideally within a manufacturing environment with the ability to work flexibly within a team.
Basic proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint accompanied with strong personal qualities in: Attention to detail; Communication and Reliability and Accountability. You will demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and have a willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges within a changing environment. You will also have the confidence to question and challenge and to maintain clarity of objectives.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary ranging from £22,000 - £27,000 depending on experience. Working hours are 08:00 - 16:00 with occasional overtime when required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Production Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly