Newly Qualified Architect / Experienced Part II
Experienced Part II / Newly Qualified Architect / Glasgow / Permanent Vacancy
The services of Hays have been retained by a local Glasgow based Architectural practice. This studio is very proud of the buildings they produce, and the people that work for them. The majority of what they have been working on recently has been community buildings, conservation projects, and residential developments.
Based in the city centre, they are ideally located to numerous local amenities
This is a role for an experienced Part II or a Newly Qualified Architect.
Ideal for an all-rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on sketchUp, doing a lot of your technical work, construction drawings etc. You will run with your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. A lot of the work initially will be to deliver an existing project, simply due to what stage the projects are at internally.
Most of the work will be within community buildings, conservation projects, and residential developments. Therefore a passion and an understanding of these sectors is crucial.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be an experienced Part II or a newly qualified Architect.
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Experience in social / affordable housing would be preferred
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual. This would be a great opportunity for an Architect in a larger practice, who was looking to join a smaller firm, and become a more integral member of a team, where you would get greater responsibility on projects.
For a confidential discussion or to enquire about this role, please contact me directly. Interviews for this position will be taking place next week.
You can contact me on 0141 212 3660 or