3 days left
- Full Time
Carpenter - Basingstoke - Up to £26,500
Your new company
One of the largest housing associations in the country. Providing over 55,000 homes for around 130,000 people in housing need across the south and south west of England and the Isle of Wight.
Your new role
To carry out routine carpentry repairs, installation and maintenance of fixtures, fitments and fittings in customers' homes and elsewhere in accordance with prescribed work schedules, good building practice and the companies established standard procedures set for delivery of exceptional customer service.
This is a full time role, working 40 Hours per week. As a Carpenter you will carry out all forms of carpentry in the kitchens and bathrooms in our properties and elsewhere in accordance with work schedules.
- Working within clearly defined processes with a moderate degree of supervision on tasks to meet time frames set by line manager whilst being accountable for individual results and the impact these may have on Sovereign.
- Carry out all forms of planned and responsive carpentry. Identify the extent and scope of the reported defect/s, rectify in order to meet work schedules or alternatively seek the appropriate authorisation for suitable remedial action to occur.
- Assist all other trades as and when required. Undertake associated general building repairs and other trade activities as may be required for delivery of satisfactory repairs and in order to meet work schedules.
- Apply knowledge and skills to record and report on status and condition of fixtures and fittings. This is to enable appropriate information to be fed into reports including recommendations concerning future maintenance. If more complex defects are exposed then these should be referred to your Supervisor/Line Manager for identification of the necessary remedial action.
- Estimate, requisition and recommend the acquisition of necessary materials to ensure that appropriate and satisfactory repairs and maintenance are carried out in accordance with best building practice and Health and Safety at Work regulations. Manage vehicle material stock by ensuring correct booking and frequent replenishment of items used occurs.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers appropriately and promptly, to ensure those connected or involved in your work are aware of progress and action taken or action required to rectify the identified defect/s.
- Participate effectively in Mobile Working by accurately operating the electronic recording system where issued, or paper systems, to plan appointments and for record of job order/s including; transmission and maintenance of timesheets, work completion status, vehicle records, materials management and progress against target objectives set for; time, cost and quality.
- Participate in the delivery of Out of Hours call out service in accordance with Sovereign's current policies and procedures
- Operate within the existing company Code of Conduct promoting a positive image as a local community service provider to ensure all customers receive the best possible effective and efficient service.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to the companies corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
What you need for the role
You should have experience within a similar role, ideally from within a Residential/Housing sector and must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 2 (or equivalent).
What you'll get in return
- Salary of £23,850- £26,500
- A van, tool allowance, iPad, uniform and PPE
- 25 days paid holiday and a £450 flexible benefit pot.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Carpenter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly