Data Centre Shift Technician 13008
Data Centre Shift Technician job in reading £36,680
Your new role
- Conduct preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Support and facilitate technical subcontractors/vendors during planned or reactive service visits and minor works while ensuring they conform to the site procedures and agreed method statements.
- Monitor, maintain, investigate and acknowledge the BMS and SCADA.
- To monitor and perform routine tests of the data centre temperatures, humidity and space conditions and ensure they are maintained and recorded in accordance with the business requirements of the infrastructure.
- Undertake daily plant walk rounds to note and proactively repair any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Rectify and record defects through the helpdesk to ensure SLA timeframes are always met
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Critical site experience (Data centre experience desirable).
- Served a full Technical Apprenticeship and hold a technical qualification as an electrical engineer (C&G, HNC, ONC etc).
- Good knowledge of Generators, Cooling systems and UPS systems.
- Good understanding of LV distribution systems
- Must be able to work the continental shift pattern
- Employment is subject to DV/SC clearance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Data Centre Shift Technician 13008
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly