Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer - Basingstoke - £30K-£33K
Your new company
This company provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services that connect people with innovation and technology; helping their clients go beyond FM to the Connected Workspace. They work in partnership with organisations to deliver long-term value, offering a wide range of services - from real estate and energy consultancy, compliance, risk assessment and security systems to cleaning, catering and environmental services. We manage and maintain some of the nation's most recognised landmarks, high street buildings and even homes in your community.
Your new role
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To undertake the maintenance and repair of the Electrical and Mechanical service, including fabric tasks of buildings as required under contract
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Be on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
- Assist other team members when required or as directed from Supervisor / Contract Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
- Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
- Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the portfolio.
- All duties carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role
- Experience of maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment
- Including, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, - Batteries, small powerand lighting (where applicable)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
What you'll get in return
- Salary of £30K-£33K
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm Call out 1 in 5 (£75 standby) Overtime available
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Multi Skilled Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly