Architectural Assistant Part 2
Architectural Assistant role working for a substantial architects practice working within a variety of sectors
Your new company
An exciting opportunity to join a well established Architectural practice across the UK in their Hertfordshire office near Stevenage. Carrying out a full architectural service from planning through to construction within a variety of sectors
Your new role
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project and in some cases help to select a site.
- Consult with other professionals about design.
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project.
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client.
- Assess the impact on the local environment.
- Use IT in design and in assisting with project management, specifically using computer-aided design software.
- Assist Principle Architect or Project Manager to keep projects within financial budgets and to deadlines.
- Assist in specification of the nature and quality of materials required.
- Assist Management to prepare tender applications and presentations.
- Assist in negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments.
- Assist Management in preparing tender documents for contracts.
- Assist Project Manager and help to coordinate the work of contractors.
- Where asked to by Principle Architect or Project Manager, carry out site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
What you'll need to succeed
An architectural assistant part 2 RIBA or equivalent needed with strong portfolio to support. Experience in residential projects would be beneficial.
- Problem Solver
- Great communicator
- Creative thinker with a scientific mind set
- A passionate interest in buildings and their uses
- Collaborative worker
- Look professional and client ready at all times
- Willingness and ability to work outside normal office hours
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing requirements
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Architectural Assistant Part 2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly