ASB Enforcement Officer
ASB Enforcement Officer role outside IR35 available in North London
Your new company
This public sector organisation based in North London is currently looking to recruit an Anti-Social Behaviour Enforcement Officer to join their growing team of specialist Environmental Enforcement Officers.
This role is outside IR35.
Your new role
As an Anti-Social Behaviour Enforcement Officer you will be responsible for the investigation & enforcement of environmental, anti-social and noise related nuisance across the borough. You will need to ensure that all ASB and Community Safety interventions are conducted in accordance with the organisation's commitment to promoting safety and community cohesion through the use of relevant legislation, the Community Safety Strategy, policies and procedures.
* To identify, investigate and effectively deal with breaches of legislation through appropriate written or verbal advice or warnings, notices, fixed penalty notices and legal action in accordance with legislation and the Council's Community Safety & Enforcement Strategy.
* To carry out taped interviews under the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
* To take witness statements and gather and preserve evidence for use during investigation and in legal proceedings
* To prepare cases for Court, in accordance with the High Court Rules of Evidence, and to represent the council in court as necessary.
* To interact and communicate with witnesses before, during and after legal proceedings, accompanying them to court hearings as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have clear knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation/guidance/directives relating to anti-social behaviour, Licensing, enviro crime, noise, nuisance and waste management/street cleansing. You will also have a clear understanding of how relevant policies and initiatives can be effectively implemented to reduce ASB and how positive outcomes can improve local communities.
Be able to work well as part of a team and also independently when required and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market Rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for ASB Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly