Electrical Design Technical Expert
Electrical Design Technical Expert required for leading Contractor on the South Coast
My client is one of the leading M&E Contractors on the South Coast. They run major M&E projects as far North as Birmingham. As demand for their services increase they find themselves looking for an Electrical Designer Technical Expert.
The main purpose of the role is to drive the management and operational aspects of all design and build activities and be accountable to the directors for their performance and the establishment and achievement of targets, ensuring the company and client needs are exceeded at all times.
You will be working on the following projects
- Manufacturing and Processing
- High-end Residential
- Refurbishments and Fit-Out
- Science and Research
- Student Accommodation
- Management of full mechanical and electrical services designs and drawings during tender
- Management and production of outline designs for estimating and costing purposes
- Management of designs compliant with Part L, BREEAM and green technologies
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectation manual
- Post tender through to pre-commencement technical support to contract teams
- Organise and carry out strategy/alternative approach meetings when bid comes in and mid-tender if applicable
- Provide external client presentation support
- Head up internal presentation development
- Liaise with designers, developing tender designs
- Provide post-project launch and pre-construction support during early stages of the project
- Support sales team in reviewing new enquiries for suitability
- Support and mentor all electrical estimators daily
- Provide continuous learning and thought leadership across product and technical development across the department
- Support in the management of the electrical estimating supply chain, suppliers and manufacturers development and expansion, identifying greater cost-effective solutions with an objective to reduce prime costs, ensuring both the estimating and construction teams are aware of these advancements
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing, process driven organisation with an enviable client list with challenging, fast track projects.
They regard themselves as one of the UK's leading medium sized M&E Contractors and can offer an attractive package plus benefits and the ability for career development. To be considered for this role you must be able to work in the UK without restriction and you must hold a valid UK Driving License.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Apply for Electrical Design Technical Expert
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly