The role is for a Professional Project Manager to be part of a team dealing with a large retail development programme. The particular role is for a Project Manager who will deal with the 'Upfront' elements of the individual projects and acquisition support, taking them from initial Feasibility through to Procurement and Contractor appointment; working with the Clients Acquisition team, 2nd tier Consultants, legal and building up relationships with Client Team.
Projects range from fit out of pub conversions, developers shells, existing units, traditional buildings, petrol filling stations and mixed use developments.
- Initial review of sites, to assess feasibility, obtain budget costing.
- Negotiations with landlord and developers to agree specifications for client requirements and approval of fit out proposals.
- Liaise with retail planners to ensure fit out proposals take account of site issues etc.
- Liaison with solicitors to advise on construction issues, reviewing agreements to leases to ensure no conflict with proposals.
- Instructing surveys of existing buildings, sites etc, for condition, environmental and geotechnical issues.
- Liaison with client's acquisitions executives to ensure they have the information they require.
- Briefing consultant's teams
- Ensure applications are made for new service supplies.
- Review highways issues with consultant and ensure all necessary consents are obtained.
- Progressing designs with consultant team to enable Planning applications to be made.
- Putting together outline programmes and confirming dates to Client.
- Tracking developer's works on behalf of the client.
- Strong construction background, preferably within a professional organisation with or working towards RICS qualifications.
- A proven track record in this or similar fields.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- General good IT literacy and ability to use most standard Microsoft packages.
- Proactive, motivated individual.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to build relationships with Clients and Team and develop role and workload.
- Professional approach, capable of communicating confidently with clients, contractors and consultants.