Fantastic Contracts Manager Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is a reputable main contractor who have established a history of producing quality craftsmanship within the projects they deliver, and are well respected in the area. They are looking to appoint a Contracts Manager or a new project starting in the residential sector
Your new role
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
- Planning of new service connections including obtaining detailed quotation and plans.
- Attend and report at pre-contact and progress meetings with Senior Management team.
- Organise labour and encouraging maximum productivity.
- Ordering materials and assisting with the procurement of sub-contractors at best value.
- Prepare Health and Safety plans, Risk assessments, COSHH assessments and the health and Safety file on completion.
- Ensure sites are safe and that all operatives and sub-contractors are working safely and complying with safety plans.
- Liaising with the Design Team, Principle Designer and Building control.
- Plan and prioritise workload to achieve on time delivery .
- Ensuring that Site Managers are properly resourced to do their job well.
- Carry out duties requested by the Construction Manager.
- Attendance at monthly meeting with both senior management and client.
- Ensure all weekly and monthly reports and forms are completed and forwarded to appropriate departments and clients.
- Responsible for financial performance of contracts and maximise margin.
- Continually demonstrate a senior understanding and commitment to customer care.
- Maintain and improve effective working relationships with colleagues,clients,customers and work as part of a team.
- Responsible for the undertaking of quality assurance inspections on a predetermined amount of all works delivered and record.
- Responsibility to supply additional/remedial works as required in an efficient, profitable and safe manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Contracts Management experience especially in Residential sector.
- Knowledge of ASTA Powerproject programming software.
- First Aid at work qualification.
- Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ or equivalent training programme, relevant management training.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise across a range of external consultants, subcontractors, colleagues and senior management.
- A keen eye for detail and a natural flair for managing a team with the ability to oversee multiple jobs at one time.
What you'll get in return
On offer is an opportunity to join a fantastic company with a brilliant reputation in the construction industry.You will be a part of a exciting new project alongside a very competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.