Junior Project Manager / Project Coordinator
Junior Project Managar / Project Coordinator
Your new company
Our client are one of the leading Construction companies in the UK and currently require a Junior Project Manager / QS to work within their educational sectors.
Junior Project Manager role is a split role in that they require;
Your new role
- Effectively undertake the Contract Administrations of appointing and managing (from a procurement perspective only) the design and PM Consultancies on behalf of LBH.
- Receive, check and process valuation / milestone invoices received in-line with their CPA system of payment.
- Formulate & Issue invoice requests for KESL Payment to LBH in-line with their process
- Maintain a tracker of activities for the administrations for Britannia.
- Manage and Monitor the Principal Sub-contractor (s) progress against the agreed Programme using proprietary planning software. This will require daily visits onto site on to establish and monitor progress
- Manage and monitor the Principal Sub-contractor to close out any residual design effectively and within agreed timescales.
- Manage and Monitor the Principal Sub-contractor to achieve the levels of quality by agreeing quality benchmarks of interfacing components and then monitoring the Principal Sub-contractor's performance against these benchmarks.
- Carry out Health and Safety inspections of the Principal Sub-contractors safe system of work
- Carry out & agree milestone valuations of work completed in accordance with the agreed respective instruction per School.
- Attend Client Team Meetings, KESL Internal Team Meetings, Project Progress Meetings, Design Meetings other Meetings at site and/or in the LB Hackneys offices.
- Managing relationships with the Local Authority BSF Project Team, School representatives and Key Stakeholders
- Manage the contractual relationship with the Principal Sub-contractor and specialist advisors
- Responsible for any phasing, decant and planning of works with Schools during delivery.
- Input for capturing Key Performance Indicator data and report to the Operations Director/delegate
- Produce accurate reports relating to the performance of the "Works" highlighting any areas of concern and deliver them to the Operations Director and his delegate
- Build an effective partnering culture and relationships with the wider project team and sub contractors to ensure a collaborative effort is maintained
- Manage customer expectations
Key Competencies and Experience
Note that this role requires a good degree of mobility as the role is based within the project office for the Britannia administrations and for the Life Cycle support role this will require visiting numerous sites around the borough.
The employee will also be required to attend meetings and briefings etc.in the project office In addition, the Junior Project Manager will have the following competencies and experience with;
- Contract administrations including valuation invoice processing
- Construction and programme management for schools
- Commercial management; milestone valuations and applications
- Health & Safety monitoring and management (up to date CSCS card required)
- Quality management; benchmark creation and workmanship monitoring
- Appreciation of an education-lead approach to design
- Contract management and ability to implement terms and conditions effectively
- Experience of BSF &/or Educational schemes
- Experience of utilising a web-based portal/repository for project data
- Planning and the use of Gant chart Planning software programmes