MRICS Quantity Surveyor (PQS) - Channel Islands
Your new company
Hays Property and Surveying currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an MRICS Quantity Surveyor (PQS) to join a well established Construction Consultancy in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Your new role
Your new role within the business will see you join a team of Professional Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers that hold a significant local presence, having operated across the Channel Islands for many years. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse client base, focusing on a range of multi-million pound projects such as, one off wealthy private client houses, social housing and apartments, hotels, commercial buildings and office developments, both new build and fit out.
Within your role you will be expected to undertake a variety of traditional quantity surveying and project based cost consultancy services. Theses may include;
- Undertaking initial feasibility studies
- Preparing measured cost plans
- Measuring Bills of Quantities
- Preparing Schedules of Work
- Preparing Employer's Requirement documents
- Tender analysis and reporting
- Preparation of contract documents
- Undertaking post contract services including monthly valuations, regular cost reports and negotiating final accounts
- Project Management and Employer's Agent duties
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed with in the role, you will be a MRICS qualified Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) with approximately 1-3 years post qualification experience. You will hold demonstrable experience across a range of project sectors, having undertaking similar workloads as written in the above. Desirably you will also have current or previous experience of working within a Construction Consultancy.
For those candidates that are still working towards their APC, or have relevant industry experience, you may also be considered on a case by case basis.
What you'll get in return
In return you will gain an opportunity to work with one of most established and leading Construction Consultancies in the Channel Islands, whilst living in a unique location and reaping the lifestyle benefits of what Jersey has to offer.
- Up to £50,000 Basic Salary
- £500 annual car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Hols
- Resident's Employment Licence
- RICS Fees Paid
- 20% cap on Tax
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.