Project Monitoring Surveyor
Project Monitoring Surveyor - Client Side Opportunity - London
Your new company
My client is a leading investment bank who is looking to appoint a Project Monitoring Surveyor to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has advanced knowledge of construction lending issues.
Your new role
- Responsible for identifying and managing the construction risks associated with construction and real estate loans.
- Perform complex technical consulting and works with Relationship Managers to assist in developing the construction budgets and managing the disbursement of the construction funds.
- Reviews and opines on the project drawings, specifications, soil engineering reports, budgets, contracts, Building Condition Surveys and other project documents.
- Engages and reviews third party consultant technical reports for adequacy and conformance to industry standards.
- Reviews and approves construction monitoring reports and loan disbursement requests for adequacy, potential issues and to verify there are sufficient funds remaining in the budget to complete the project.
- Undertake site inspections, as may be required to report on project progress and identify key risk/concerns.
- Reviews technical data to identify potential construction risks. Act as a construction consultant to Relationship Managers.
- Assist with managing vendor panels to ensure geographic coverage and knowledge specialties.
- Conducts peer reviews and provides training as needed. May assist in the development of policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc Degree in engineering, architecture, building surveying, quantity surveying or related field.
- Proven relevant construction/engineering experience of at least 10 years.
- Demonstrated construction-related, architectural or engineering experience including such skills as cost estimating, construction plan review, and construction phase project oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to inspect large commercial projects with respect to: evaluating construction progress, determining the adequacy of funds requested based on actual work-in-place, and identifying on-going project specific construction risk.
- Advanced knowledge of construction and construction lending issues.
- Good working knowledge of UK development/construction legislation and regulatory requirements Demonstrated ability to document and communicate review findings
- Proven ability in communicating policy and construction issues with lending representative
- Chartered Building/Quantity Surveyor is preferred
- Preferably having experience of undertaking Project Monitoring services for large construction projects/developments across a variety of sectors within the UK.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and a 12% bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.