5 days left
- Full Time
Aster Group - Development
Employers Agent - Permanent
About the role
Aster is a Top 10 housing association developer with plans to build more than 11,000 new homes across the south over the next seven years. With a programme that encompasses large scale and complex development schemes through land acquisitions, S.106 opportunities and regeneration, Aster are delivering new build properties for shared ownership sale, rent and outright market sale.
To deliver our objectives, Development’s Construction & Technical Team is expanding and an exciting opportunity exists for an Employers Agent to join a growing team to provide valuable support in delivering our strategy and the Groups vision.
We are a people business, with an excellent team working culture and flexible working approach that empowers employees to develop and unlock their full potential with excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
The role will entail;
- Working closely with the Development, Land and Sales teams providing advice and support through all stages of construction.
- Providing pre-contract advice on design, cost and value engineering.
- Tendering, negotiation, contract preparation and execution.
- Post contract administration.
- Post contract management to include progress meetings and reporting on programme, cost and quality.
Desired skills and experience;
- BSc or MSc in Quantity or Building Surveying or equivalent.
- MRICS professional membership or equivalent.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience within a similar role.
- Experience of working for either a contractor or professional quantity surveying firm.
- Experience of residential and commercial development.
- Delivery of construction projects through various forms of contract including NEC and JCT.
- Ability to summarise detailed information and communicate with the wider development teams and external professionals.
- Self-motivated and a strong team player with the ability to manage a team to deliver successful outcomes.
To apply please provide the following (in one document):
A detailed CV (no more than three pages) including details of the value of contracts you have been responsible for, the teams you have managed and key achievements relative to the role advertised.
A Covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and working for Aster.
If you would like to discuss the position in more detail please contact Tony Clifford, Assistant Development Director – Construction & Technical on 07715 808420.
Closing Date: 29th June 2018