Building Services Engineer
Building Services Engineer to be based in central London. Pay up to £44k+ package. Working around Whitehall.
Your new company
You will be working on government building refurbishment projects. You will be working primarily on fit out and refurb projects all of which are in central London. You will be working for a large multi billion turnover well respected contractor.
Your new role
Electrical Engineers or Mechanical Engineers welcome to apply.
- Support the project manager to co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Conduct pre-start meetings and regular progress meetings at intervals agreed with the customer (normally weekly) and maintain records of those meetings
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Supervise both internal resource and sub-contractors ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with the requirement on time, to cost and quality.
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken and completed in accordance with the customer's Procedures and in accordance with their Site Standards.
- Undertaking scoping activities with the customer to ensure the requirement is fully defined
- Developing design proposals and specifications alongside the customer, design consultants (where employed separately) and the site Assurance team
- Ensuring that all proposed designs/work activities complies with customer's procedures and site standards
What you'll need to succeed
Building Services or Engineering qualification to at least NVQ3
Preferably have post-qualification experience of managing external consultants and contractors in an occupied building or construction environment and organisation of project delivery effectively on time, budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Ensure that the project outcomes and requirements are adequately defined and that the needs of the users and all other stakeholders are fully understood and accounted for.
- Assist in establishing and communicate the overall budget and timescales for projects.
- Ensure projects are procured in accordance with client guidelines and procedures.
- At all stages ensure that the design is reviewed and approved by the technical Principals.
- Ensure that the project complies with and is managed in accordance with all statutory and external requirements and internal procedures.
- Ensure that adequate resources are applied to the supervision and quality of the works.
- Ensure that comprehensive reports are provided to the Project Owner and/or Project Board as appropriate, particularly highlighting key issues and risks. At handover, ensure that the completed works and documentation are in accordance with the approved design and specifications and meets with the Principals' approval.
You will need to pass DV clearance for this role and as such will need to be a UK National.
What you'll get in return
You will be working on very well known and prestigious buildings in central London. You will have a 36-40 hour week. The pay is up to £44k + package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.