Chartered Building Surveyor
Your new role
In your new role you will part of a small team of surveyors dedicated to planned projects within the local area. You will be one of three surveyors reporting directly to the Building Services Manager.
To provide professional building surveying and building project design services and to co-ordinate, monitor and commission building projects to an agreed timetable and budgets.
You will carry out surveys, prepare designs, specifications and estimates to owned & occupied properties / buildings that form part of the corporate estate.
You will provide essential assistance in forming a quinquennial maintenance programme for corporate assets covering responsive & day to day repair work, service maintenance, planned maintenance and periodic inspections and more.
You will undertake property inspections, measured and condition surveys to provide detailed information and plans on a range of tasks, developing the project brief with the client in order to effectively manage individual projects via the following:
- Undertaking feasibility study and budget estimates.
- Preparing tender documentation comprising schedule of works, NBS - Preliminaries and Material Workmanship Sections.
- Producing CAD drawings/plans
- Overseeing tender procedures and evaluation of tenders.
- Perform the duties of Contract Administrator using the JCT suite of contracts. (Including preparation of instruction, certificates of payment and final accounts).
- Managing contracts and controlling expenditure within budget and time
Current projects include extensions & developments of healthcare centres, multi-million pound car park extension schemes, roof refurbishments for shopping centres & offices fit-outs, with more projects in the pipeline.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role the following will be essential:
- Knowledge of Equality Act, Asbestos management duties, H&S legislation and CDM Regulations.
- Experience in Management of large scale, multi-million pound projects, identifying building defects and preparing specifications.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and software such as MS Project, Office, & AutoCAD.
You will also need a minimum of a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Building Surveying, and be a minimum of Associate Member of the RICS.
You will need to be a motivated, positive and assertive individual, who is driven to get results, you will need to be used to working to tight schedules and be highly organised.
You will also need a fully valid UK Driver's License.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an annual salary of £40-45K with a car allowance of £2400 plus a flexible benefits package of £2200 per annum.
Your annual professional fees will also be covered as part of the package, as will a number of CPD course. On top of this, you can also take advantage of training courses provided by the organisations partnered FM contractor.
In addition, you will receive an impressive 10-12% pension with an employee contribution of 5%.
You will feel the benefit of a strictly local work base with projects almost exclusively located within the town limits and will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in multiple capacities meaning no day is ever the same.
This role will offer a degree of freedom that you won't find with others, with the department steering focus away from micro-management, and adopting a trusting mentality towards professional employees.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.