To join a leading privately owned commercial Property Investment firm operating in the UK and Europe. Their portfolio is comprised of over 4700 tenants, totalling over 16 million sqft of retail, industrial and commercial assets.
The Group is continuously adding to its portfolio across 471 sites and is committed to improving returns and achieving asset growth through intensive management and development.
This London based opportunity, will be predominantly asset management with estate management responsibility too. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall asset performance of allocated portfolio assets through unit lettings, progressing rent reviews and lease renewals, refurbishment works and dilapidations. The Asset Manager will be expected to identify, appraise and progress development opportunities to create further value and portfolio regeneration. They will also assist the acquisition process by providing due diligence support when needed.
The majority of professional work is under taken 'in house', including their legal team and building surveying team. The firm operate a hands on approach, whenever possible, dealing direct rather than with 3rd parties. The Asset Manager should have good L&T experience, as well as familiarity with service charge processes.
- Landlord and tenant issues including surrenders, lease renewals and lease re-gears
- Managing, coordinating and instructing professional advisors
- Developing good relationships with tenants and third party suppliers
- Development and implementation of planned maintenance in order to optimise long term returns
- Travelling across the South of England and viewing properties within the Portfolio
- MRICS - in excess of 5/6 years pqe
- Experienced in the management and asset management of real estate (retail, industrial and residential)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to build strong rapport with colleagues and tenants