£65,000 - £85,000 plus bonus
Colchester (Head Office), London, and Nationwide
About the role:
This is to work for a fast growing Student Housing Development and Investment company with a long history of property development and investment. The successful candidate will be working alongside the Development Director taking a leading role in the search for Student Housing sites, freeing up time for the Development Director to concentrate on the overall running of the business.
The Development Director will ensure that the Land Manager is well placed to use all contacts available. The target for sites will be 2 for 2018 and then 4 per annum thereafter / 1,000 beds per annum. The average size per deal will be 30,000 sqft at around 200 beds per site. Once a site has exchanged contracts it will be handed over to the development team, allowing the land team to focus on the supply of sites.
The area of business will include the entire UK starting in East Anglia and London, and then expanding outwards from there. The business is looking to acquire mixed use projects, so a knowledge of mixed use development is advantageous.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be entrepreneurial and to assist the Board of Directors with the way that the business grows. As a result, strong career progression is expected in this position.
- You will have to work autonomously and be highly self-motivated. This will include working 'on the road' and at home.
- A demonstrable track record in land and development market is key.
- Good knowledge of urban development, ideally with London experience, and knowledge of the planning application process and policies.
- Strong connections with agents and land owners.
- Willing and able to attend social functions to build relationships.
- Willing to travel around the UK.